Reign of Winter — Game Session — 034

Game summary for July 11, 2017, Reign of Winter campaign, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, for Phoenix Gaming Club. Session included: All Might (Human Warpriest played by Andrew Renfrow), Deska Starseeker (Half-Elf Druid played by Kaliegh Belda), Kenwrec Battleglaive (Dwarf Slayer played by Peyton Harmon), Magnus Erlingsson (Human Cleric played by Chris Harmon), Svala Alehorn (Dwarf Unchained Barbarian played by Todd Hughes), and Tulvur Xandersen (Dwarf Fighter played by Taylor Averdick). Game Master for this session was Charles Plemons.

The team confronted Caigreal about her lack of involvement with the fight against the lurkers in light, and she claimed to be scared.  They did not buy that excuse and pressed harder.  Tulvur stepped up and threatened to murder her, and she broke down saying she lied and had no real combat ability but was afraid they were going to leave her behind.  The team continued to act more aggressively and erratic, and she fled screaming into the cave begging for help.  The team let her go.

The group proceeded through a door and down a hallway.  They came upon a strange room filled with large stone menhirs and illuminated skulls swaying from chains.  Two gutted frost giants were splayed across two of the menhirs.  In the center of the room, bathing in their blood, was a debased nymph.  Her horrific blinding beauty struck several of the party blind as she attacked.  Deska wisely summoned a constrictor snake and a trio of fire elementals to try and keep pressure on her.  The nymph summoned an air elemental to pummel the team.  She then dropped a flame strike on the flanks of the team.  Deska’s summoned creatures were unable to really injure the nymph, but they severely curtailed her mobility and gave flanking opportunities for Kenwrec and All Might.  Magnus and All Might both discovered spiritual weapon spells were highly effective in the fight.  Greta and Magnus found themselves forced into healing allies due to the vicious air elemental.

Kenwrec accidentally provoked an attack of opportunity and was slashed by the nymph.  Her debilitating touch weakened him, and she focused several more attacks on him, rendering him unconscious.  She then used a coup de grace to slaughter him!  She then used dimension door to appear closer to the team, forcing even more to try and resist her blinding beauty.  Magnus quite astutely fled back out of range and continued to hurl spells while Deska caught the nymph in a tanglefoot bag!  The team swarmed in, and finally Tulvur was able to land a deathblow with his adamantine warhammer.

The team, gathered Kenwrec’s remains and brought them to blind Deska.  She cast reincarnate, and the proud dwarf returned to life… as an orc!

One single comment

1. Peyton Harmon says:

Kenwrec’s Journal:

All I can remember is we were chasing an ettin and were now chasing after a demon bard. We stumble upon this room that seemed like a meat locker. It was super cold, frost giants gutted, and the fresh smell of blood and death. Out of the shadows came a horrific sight. A pretty, attractive woman with long teeth and long, horrific claws. Being the brave dwarf I was, I studied the foe and attacked with my war ax and missed several times to this hideous, creature. Moments later the witch summoned a large air elemental that split the party up. But I was not alone, Deska had summoned some small fire elementals, and a large boa constrictor! All might as well tried to help but had trouble. I started smelling smells and seeing sights I had in previous moments that gave even a determined dwarf could handle as I fell unconscious from the experience. Moments later , my metaphorical torch dimmed as I felt my sole being ripped out of my body. Seconds later my torch was relit! But it came with a curse! Deska and the rest of the party had slayed the witch and its summoned ally. When I come to all my teammates are staring at me laughing. I ask why they are laughing and I suddenly realize what happened. I had came back, but as a hideously, disgusting, ORC!!! You can only imagine the horror of a noble dwarf’s mind stuck in a wild ,ugly, orc’s body!!!